Password can make us nuts! There are so many things we need passwords for these days, that it’s so easy to create a password that is ‘easy’ to remember. Passwords are supposed to keep things secure, so you’ll need to create a good one if you don’t want the whole world to potentially have access to your data.
Here are some hints NOT to do:
- Do not use the word ‘password.’
- Do not use ‘Qwerty123.’
- Do not use your social security number or birthdate.
- Do not use your own name.
Here are some hints on what to do.
- Use double letters/numbers such as ‘Agent007.’
- Make it 8 characters of more.
- Use a phrase from a song, poem, or quote.
How you can best use a Phrase.
- Use the 1st letter of each word in the phrase.
- Make it case-sensitive using upper and lower case.
- Adding numbers can make it even more secure.
- Adding punctuation marks is the ultimate in security.
EXAMPLE: To Be Or Not To Be (TBontb747!)
That’s it! I’m sure if you keep these tips in mind, you will be able to create yourself a fine and secure password. Goog Luck!