In this modern age of the Internet, printed brochures still form an integral part of marketing efforts. This is true, despite the growing popularity of online marketing. A modern business that wants to stay in ahead should consider brochure marketing in their advertising strategies. A solid brochure design will contain captivating visual effects and loads of product specific information. This can be a highly effective way of marketing.
Reasons for companies to include printed brochures in their marketing strategy
- Brochures help capture the attention of potential customers. This is especially true in the case of an organization or a small businesses that may be starting on a tight budget.
- They are both more effective and pocket-friendly than product advertisements placed in magazines and newspapers. The reason for this, is that prime space on print media is much more costly. Additionally, advertising space is shared by many businesses that are all competing for your attention. This makes it more of a challenge to get noticed.
- Brochures focus entirely on the business and its offerings. This gets the undivided attention of all potential customers. The key, however, is to make the content both interesting and informative with appropriate images and include a call to action.
- Printed brochures are versatile pieces of printed material. Ideal uses would be to promote all types of products and services, as well as different venues, right from reception desks of offices to promotional events.
- Brochure printing services are definitely more cost-effective, given the discounts that are usually offered with bulk printing. The cost per brochure lessens with the number of prints.
- Effective marketing campaigns are all about customer interactions. Brochures are just another way to interact with customers as well as a way to generate leads for the sales teams to follow up on.
- A printed brochure is any day easy to access and read when compared to content from an e-mail or a website.
The importance of printed brochure marketing
Given the many benefits of using printed brochures for marketing purposes, it should be noted that the quality of design, content, and images used in the brochure are key factors. These factors determine the effectiveness of the brochure marketing.
A word of caution: trying to put too much information into a brochure could be difficult to read and therefore backfire. If you find that you have too much information to do justice to any one product or service, think seriously about splitting some of those products or services into multiple brochures. This way you can give the kind of importance to each topic as it deserves.
Professional graphic designers can help a business or organization finalize a suitable content format for their brochures. This includes an impressive front page design. The normal tri fold (three panel) design easily holds up to five sections of information on the product or service. A four panel brochure can give you an extra couple inches on both sides that may not fit on a three panel brochure.
Brochures that are intended for mail campaigns should be sturdy enough to survive the mail journey! Three panel and four panel brochures are also the right size to fit into a #10 envelope. That will work well for mailing out to a large number of people.
Lastly, it is advantageous to rely on the services of a reputable and professional graphic designer. This will help a company leverage the power of brochure marketing as a cost-effective advertising tool.